Mustique Photographer of the Year 2020
We are delighted to announce the launch of the first Mustique Photographer of the Year competition, an annual competition to find the best photograph of Mustique. During these unprecedented times we want to encourage our Mustique community to post and share their favourite memories of our beloved tropical island on Instagram.
This year’s competition is going to be judged by renowned photographer Kate Martin, leading contemporary artist, Marc Quinn, fashion designer and art collector Tommy Hilfiger and Managing Director of the Mustique Company, Roger Pritchard.
The competition is open to anyone who has taken a beautiful photograph on or of Mustique, it launches on 1st May 2020 and the deadline for submissions is 31st October 2020. At that point a shortlist will be selected and published, from which a winner will be chosen and announced on 4th December 2020.
The full shortlist will be entered into a virtual exhibition on the Mustique Island website, and the winner will be printed, framed and a copy will be hung in the Cotton House hotel on Mustique and a second print will be auctioned for charity in our Boxing Day Auction in Basil’s Bar.
How to Enter
Choose your best picture of Mustique, the one that makes you smile every time you look at it. Follow @mustiqueisland from your Instagram account, the one you want to enter from. Post your picture to your Instagram grid tagging @mustiqueisland and using the hashtag #MustiquePOTY in the description.
That is it!
Happy Posting, we hope it brings back some great memories.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The competition is limited to one photograph entry per person. Full terms and conditions apply:
- The organiser is the Mustique Company.
- The competition is open to anyone who has visited Mustique with the exclusion of professional photographers, the judging panel, employees of the Mustique Company and contractors employed by the Mustique Company.
- By entering this competition, entrants are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Maximum 3 entries per person will be accepted. Multiple entries for the same person will be disqualified and we will only accept the first three posted.
- Closing date for entries will be 31 October 2020. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules to the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Entries must be posted onto an Instagram account by 31 October 2020
- The nominated Instagram account must follow @mustiqueisland to be included
- The hashtag #MustiquePOTY must be added to the post to qualify
- A shortlist will be chosen by the organiser based on their favourite images
- A winner and additional entries worthy of special mention will be chosen by the judging panel
- The winning entries will be published on the @mustiqueisland Instagram account, on the mustique-island.com website and featured in email newsletter marketing
- Winning entries will be promoted by Mustique on its communication channels, and will be printed and framed. One to be hung in the Cotton House hotel on Mustique and the other to be auctioned for charity on Boxing Day at Basil’s Bar
- Mustique reserves the right to publish all entries in digital and printed media
- These terms are in addition to the terms & conditions of Instagram which can be found here https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870